Recently, I bought a sewing machine so I could do something I’ve always wanted – sew a quilt. I have this vision of sewing a perfect King size quilt that will be so awesome we can use it for years to come and pass it on to our children one day. So imagine my consternation when I broke out the machine, wound my first bobbin, fired it all up and began to sew my pre-cut fabric squares only to find that… um… you really do have to have some idea what you’re doing!
I think the quilting might have to wait just a bit until I perfect my technique. So I set off to find some easy tutorials for beginning sewers. Thanks to Pinterest and Google, I found a huge amount and decided to share them with those of you who might be looking for the same thing.
1. Classic Cuffed Stockings – Positively Splendid
2. Simple Card Wallet – Trillium Design
3. RevoluzZzionary Monster – RevoluzZza
4. Ruffle T-Shirt Pillow – Floral Showers
5. Easy Tote Bag – Needle and Spatula
6. Tooth Fairy Pillow – Gen X Quilters
7. Reversible Headbands – The Long Thread
8. Lavender Sachets – Bugs and Fishes
9. Pillow Case – Made
10. Travel Jewelry Case – Positively Splendid
Check out these Sewing Hacks from Andrea’s Notebook for more tips and tricks!