I’ve seen recipes for One Pot Pasta making the rounds lately, and while they look amazing, I wanted to try my own version to give it that little extra oomph that I knew would be good. And while the other recipes call for things like fresh basil , I went with the easier and cheaper Italian Seasoning for mine. I also added some canned mushrooms, and next time I hope to add some cannelini beans, as well!
The great thing about this dish is that it is SUPER QUICK, budget friendly and utterly delicious. Plus, it couldn’t be simpler. Throw everything into a pot and wait twenty minutes? Even my husband could do it!
So here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Amazing One Pot Pasta
By July 4, 2014Published:
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
A new way of cooking spaghetti
- 16 oz dried pasta I used linguine
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium vidalia onion cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 small cans chopped mushrooms
- 1 C baby tomatoes halved (I used different colors)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 48 oz beef broth
- In a large pot, place the pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Pour the beef broth over top.
- Add the salt, pepper, italian seasoning and the olive oil.
- Bring the pot to a boil, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Continue at a rolling boil for 15 - 20 minutes until the liquid thickens and forms a nice sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with italian cheese and a crust of bread.