Amazing Thanksgiving Tablescape
Thanksgiving is a great time to spend with family and those you love. And the kids enjoy being involved in this process. One way to get them involved in this process is to let them have their own Thanksgiving Table. You can include crafts and activities that will keep them busy while they wait for the food.
Here’s a fun Thanksgiving Tablescape for Kids to do this year:
6 Thanksgiving Turkey Plates
6 Fall Color Napkins
6 No Break Glasses
2 Packages of Garland
Pack of Leaf Place Cards
Pack of Fall Clothespins
Tablecloth or Brown Wrapping Paper
2 Tall Vases
Big Pieces of Corn
White Porcelain Milk Bottle
*For the centerpiece, you can always pick items that are fun and playful. The key is to place items on the table that are non-breakable that kids can pick up and have fun with.
- Lay a tablecloth or brown wrapping paper across the table. Since this is a kid’s table, I highly recommend using a cheap tablecloth or a roll of wrapping paper. This helps with the clean-up process.
- Place orange runner across the center of the table. Followed by the Thanksgiving/Thankful runner.
- Set the table for six (or applicable sets): Lay out the Turkey plates, followed by silverware and glassware.
- Place a folder Fall Colored Napkin across each turkey.
- Take a Leaf Place Card and a Fall Craft Card and clip them together with a Fall Clothespin to each Napkin, This is a great way to get the kids involved. Have them write down what they are thankful for on their place card. Then right before it’s time to eat, have everyone go around the table and read what they are thankful for.
Finish the table with Fall Centerpiece Ideas. For this look, I took a Fall Garland created out of fancy paper chains and laid them across the table. If you want this to be a hands-on project, you can have the kids put them together. Or, take brown, orange and red construction paper strips and lay them out for the kids to put together.
I used a white porcelain milk bottle for the center of the table and filled with decorative flowers. I added two clear vases to each side and placed a big decorative corn into each one.
Add the finishing decorative touches, and this table is ready for the kids! Just add food! Try my BBQ Baked Beans with Thick Cut Bacon or my delicious Prosciutto Mac & Cheese to really get them talking!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Very creative. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty .We would love to see you again next week.