These succulent apricot glazed pork chops are a sure-fire way to get that restaurant quality taste on a family friendly budget. Served on a bed of stuffing or mashed potatoes, you’re in for a real treat.
1. Take each pork chop in turn and place it in a ziploc bag or between two sheets of waxed paper. Using the palm of your hand or a meat tenderizer, gently but firmly flatten the meat so that it is about half an inch thick.
2. Spray a shallow metal oven sheet with non-stick spray and place the chops on it.
3. Using half of the salt, pepper and cinnamon, season one side of the chops.
4. Turn the meat over and use the other half of the salt, pepper and cinnamon to season the other side.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently spread 1 T of the apricot preserves over the top of each of the chops.
6. Place the meat into a 425 F oven for about 22 minutes.
7. Finally, place the meat under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes at the very end to help crisp up the outside of the chop.
These are entirely delicious and very filling. I usually will make a few extra for leftovers the next day, which I use in sandwiches or even chopped up on a salad!