I. Can’t. Believe. It.
My baby boy is about to turn one year old this month! How does that even happen!? My oldest is only four! The middle is only two! How can my precious last baby boy be a whole year old?! Time sure does fly. And now that it’s so close, we have to figure out just how we want to celebrate. I’ll admit, we haven’t ever made a really big deal about our kids birthdays. Until they’re older and can understand the point, I’ve not been one to make a huge fuss. But something about this one – knowing he is my last baby – makes me want to go all out. So… I’ve been planning.
Chester’s birthday is October 22nd, which means that he’s got an awesome theme for any birthday – Halloween! We can go super spooky when he’s older, but for now I figured it would be fun to create a costume theme that his little friends can really get into. So we went for a sort of Pirate Halloween theme, and it’s going to be epic.
Our planning has been all-in, with cakes and decorations ready to rock. And I’m going to show you just how it’s done. Let me present the most AWESOME Pirate Halloween Birthday Party!
So here’s what you will need for this Halloween Pirate Tablescape set for a party of 6:
2 Pirate Tablecloths (one to cover the table and one to cover the wall in the party area)
6 Pirate Goody Bags
6 Pirate Hats
6 Pirate Eye Patches
A Pack of Pirate Paper Plates and Cups for the kids
Assortment of Candy Corn, Halloween Candy, etc
Poision Jug for Juice (filled with Green Hawaiian Punch)
6 Pirate Ceramic Plates (ideal for adults to use)
6 Red Chargers
6 White Plates
6 Halloween Glassware ( you can use clear glasses and pick up the Halloween drink stickers from JoAnn’s)
6 Drinking Straws
Centerpiece: Spiderweb Cupcake holder
10 Halloween Theme Monster boxes (the ones pictured come from Party City)
Black Feather Wreath
2 Black Trees
1 BOO Pumpkin
1 Plastic Pirate Hat
Birthday Candle & other birthday related decor
When planning a party, it’s best to sit down and create a list of how many kids will be attending the party. What type of food to prepare, games, etc. With little ones, serving finger food and cupcakes is ideal.
And yes, the cakes/cupcakes are homemade! Recipes to come later!
Putting your Halloween Pirate Tablescape Together
1. Lay the Pirate Tablecloth across the table.
2. Next, roll out the black happy birthday wrapping paper. I like using wrapping paper since it makes for an easy cleanup. Just roll it in a bunch and toss it in the trash. This is a great way to save your good tablecloths and table.
3. Place 6 chargers around the table.
4. Then place 6 white plates on top of the red chargers.
5. After that, place the 6 Pirate Posion plates on top of the white plates.
6. Lay out your centerpiece.
7. Place the Spider Cupcake Holder in the middle. Fill it with the Halloween Theme monster boxes.
8. Place the Spider Cupcake Holder inside of the Black Feather Wreath.
9. Place the Black Trees on each side of the Spider Cup Cake Holder.
10. Place a Pirate Goody bag by each place setting. If you want to assign seats, this would be a great way to do it. Write the child’s or adult’s name on each bag.
11. Place a Pirate Patch next to each place setting.
12. At the foot of the table or on a side table, fill jars with assorted candy.
13. Place the birthday cake, cupcakes and other food in this area.
14. It would be ideal to have a separate area for the gifts or far enough away from the food.
15. If it’s within the budget, stop by your dollar store or .99 cents store to find Pirate hats, swords and other accessories to really pull off the ultimate Halloween Pirate Party.
And that’s it! To make this party even more of a Pirate party, have the guests come dressed like Pirates or in their favorite halloween costume.
Other Decorating Ideas
Have a treasure chest big enough to use as a gift table.
Most of all, just enjoy the day. Kids will have fun no matter what you do, and everyone can join in to make even the most simple parties fun. But adding in a little bit of a theme can make memories that last a lifetime!
Stay tuned for recipes for these delicious Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes and the to DIE for Vanilla Cake with Pumpkin Buttercream with Candy Corn. YUMMO!