The holidays are upon us, and if you’re anything like me, you’re keeping a running list of amazing dessert recipes in your back pocket for all the various parties and gatherings you’ll be attending. So let me start by saying that this particular recipe is just perfect for anyone who wants to be thought of as a total baking genius!
Believe it or not, these are so simple to make that even my kids can make them. They are made in stages, but that doesn’t mean they are labor-intensive. With just a little bit of time, and a box of brownie mix, you can have these fabulous treats that taste totally gourmet!
I’m a big fan of treats that you can make from baking mixes, and this one really is a good one. Of course, it only uses half of the brownie batter, so you can even make another batch of plain brownies if you really want to. Or, why not try using the other half to make some Garbage Brownies?
The real star of this recipe is the peanut butter cheesecake batter. Thankfully, it’s a no-bake cheesecake, so you don’t even have to worry about cracks or texture.
Just mix your cream cheese, sugars and your favorite peanut butter together and pour over your cooled brownie base. Then plop in the fridge to set! SO EASY!
Once your pan is set up, you make a super simple chocolate ganache to pour over the top, and finish it off with some chopped peanut butter cups!
How incredible does that pan look??
Because these are SO rich and decadent, I will usually try and cut them into smaller squares. If you’re feeling particularly indulgent, you can make nine larger ones. But I try to get 36 smaller brownies.
Pardon my drooling. But these just look so good!
I do love me some really yummy brownies, and I can promise you that they don’t last too long around here. You just can’t help but go back and have one more!
These are just perfect for bake sales, too. I have made them for school fundraisers, and I can sell two of the smaller sized bites for a dollar. That means each pan can be $18!
They’re also great for a potluck. If you’re ever stuck with bringing dessert, whip up a batch in the afternoon and they’ll be perfect by evening! Trust me, these are exactly what you’ve been looking for!
- Box brownie mix
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½- ¾ cup peanut butter (if you want it more or less peanut-buttery)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup whipped cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips (more for richer ganache)
- ¼ cup heated heavy cream
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- Mix together brownie powder, oil, water, and eggs.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment and add nonstick spray.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture in to form a thin layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, and let cool completely.
- Blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, and whipped cream, then pour on top of your cooled brownie, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Make ganache by pouring hot heavy cream over chocolate chips, and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk together briskly until thick and creamy.
- Spread ganache over cheesecake, then sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, then cut into squares and serve.
For more delicious brownies, check out my other recipes.