This is one of my favorite all time sandwich fillings – the delicious Cape Cod Chicken Salad! I have been obsessed with chicken salad since my college days when I used to order it on potato bread from the cafeteria across the street. But over the years, I realised that not every chicken salad is created equally!
This one is by far the best, and includes a tangy sweetness that offsets the savory chicken beautifully.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/3 cup orange-blossom honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Into a large mixing bowl, add your chicken.
- Add in your diced celery, dried cranberries and toasted pecans.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together your mayonnaise and orange-blossom honey to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper.
While I like to create the dressing separately, you can just as easily throw everything into a bowl and mix together all at once, and the effect will be exactly the same.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 12g
I’ve labelled this one Fast Food, as it doesn’t take long to make and has no real instructions. Just mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl and sit back and enjoy!
And the best part is that the measurements are no totally precise. Like celery? Add more! Don’t like cranberries? Try some raisins!
I like to experiment with different kinds of honey, as well.
The sky is the limit, and you can serve it any way you like. On your favorite bread, as a wrap, on a bed of lettuce or just eat it out of the bowl!
There’s nothing wrong with that!