** This post originally appeared on my recipe site Gimme the Yum and is now presented here as the site no longer exists **
Have I said already what a sucker I am for a good brownie? Much like my previous recipe for Rocky Road brownies, this particular dessert utilizes a Ghirardelli baking mix. But we are ready to jazz it up with some amazing flavors that take it to the next level of awesome, giving it just what it needs to be THE perfect brownie.
With its gooey, chewy chocolate base, the creamy and crunchy topping adds another dimension to the already flavorsome recipe. Kids will flip out, and all of your girlfriends will ask for the recipe. Take it to your next baby shower or housewarming party. You’re going to love it.Print
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- 1 Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix (or favorite brownie mix)
- 12 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 6 oz Hershey Cookies and Cream bar, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 10 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- Make the brownie mix as per directions on the box. Once it is made up, add in the 12 Oreo cookies and the Hershey bar. Stir together, dump into a baking try and bake according to directions.
- For the frosting, cream together the butter, half and half, vanilla and about half of the powdered sugar. Continue adding the sugar a bit at a time until you have reached a creamy and slightly less than stiff mixture.
- Add in the 10 crushed Oreos and stir until combined.
- Once the brownies are finished, remove from oven and cool completely.
- Frost with the frosting mix and then place in the fridge for at least an hour until firmly set.
- Cut into squares.