Dinner can get really boring at times, and finding dishes that satisfy adults and kids alike can be hard. It’s especially difficult to try and keep it healthy! That’s why I love this absolutely delicious Easy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake. It’s filled with meat and veg, but it gets its flavor from a simple ranch sauce and bacon! Yum! What’s not to like? It’s also extra awesome because it fulfills a number of dietary requirements. It’s safe (in moderation) for a Keto or LCHF diet, Atkins or other low carb, and it’s not even that high in calories compared to other casseroles!
It’s a very simple recipe to make, as well. Like other casseroles, it’s all about layering. The ingredients are all easily found in fridge, freezer and pantry.
The sauce is a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, seasoning and cheese. How yummy does that sound?
Then, just lay down your chicken in a casserole dish.
Spread your sauce mix on top of the chicken.
Add in your broccoli and cheese.
Top with bacon and bake!
How good does this look? I mean, it’s seriously so gorgeous AND tastes like heaven!
You can top it with some diced or sliced tomatoes for some extra pizazz. I love baby tomatoes sliced in half. It adds some color, a bit of sweetness and a nice cold contrast to the hot casserole.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one-inch strips
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spritz a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Create an even layer of chicken breast.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasoning. Stir in cheddar, reserving about ¼ cup. Spread mixture over chicken breast.
- Top chicken with a layer of broccoli, remaining cheese, and bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- (Optional) Top with diced tomatoes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 773mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 28g