If you have ever breastfed your baby, you will know that at times it can seem impossible to produce nearly enough milk. Even those blessed with an abundance of breastmilk can sometimes feel like they’ve been sucked dry – especially during a growth spurt! Luckily, there is a ton of science showing that there are many supplements you can take to boost production. Plus, there are a lot of foods that you can add to your diet to try and get your body to produce more. These easy no bake lactation cookies are full of those ingredients that will help you to keep your mammaries happy!
Gather together your ingredients. The main bulk of these cookies is from oatmeal, which is known to be great for milk supply, and it’s also great for boosting energy! Milk has tons of calcium and EFA, and it also helps boost milk production. Nuts, flaxseed and brewer’s yeast are also agents for helping increase your supply!
To get started, combine your oats, chopped walnuts, flaxseed and brewer’s yeast in a mixing bowl. Set it aside.
Then, in a medium pot, heat up your milk, sugar, butter and cocoa until it comes to a rolling boil. Boil for about a minute and then add in your peanut butter and vanilla, mixing well. Dump all your wet ingredients into the dry and combine with a spoon.
Prepare a large cookie sheet with some wax paper and then spoon out your mixture in 1 TBSP portions onto the tray.
Refrigerate these morsels so they can firm up a bit, and then pop one in your mouth whenever you need a little pick-me-up!
Seriously, they couldn’t be easier, and they taste awesome. Try them yourself!
Easy No Bake Lactation Cookies for Nursing Moms
These are full of the best ingredients for boosting milk production in breastfeeding moms!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 100 cookies 1x
- 5 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp of brewer’s yeast (I order this on Amazon and have left the link below if you are an Amazon affiliate and want to create an affiliate link for it.)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of butter (16 Tbsp)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, chopped walnuts, flaxseed, and brewer’s yeast. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the milk, butter, sugar, and cocoa over medium heat. Once it comes to a rolling boil, let it continue to boil for 1 minute. Then add the peanut butter and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the pot mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper and spoon the mixture onto the paper. One spoonful makes a great snack size.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Use a tablespoon of mixture for each cookie. You can keep them rounded or flatten them out to your preference.