It seems like everywhere I look, everyone has an Instant Pot. They have become the newest food fad, and there is SO much you can do with them! I actually bought mine about 18 months ago, but I never got around to opening it until recently. Now I wonder what I ever did without one! I knew I wanted to learn to make something for EVERY meal in it, and high on my list is breakfast. With four growing boys and an active husband, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s imperative we have a good selection of yummy food to start the day out strong. These Instant Pot Breakfast Tacos are a firm favorite for us now, and I hope you love them just as much!
You can fill your tacos with any of your favorite ingredients, but I think it’s classic to have eggs, potatoes, onions and some salsa. Anything else will add to the flavor but isn’t really necessary. That said, if you’d like to add meat such as sausage or bacon, I highly recommend adding it into the pot already cooked OR add it afterward.
To begin, make sure you spray your Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray to keep the eggs from sticking to it.
Next, whisk together your eggs and pour into the IP.
Add in your potatoes, salsa, green onions and any other ingredients you care to include.
Stir everything together inside the Instant Pot so you can make sure they are well combined. Then close the lid, turn the vent to “sealing,” and select the “egg” button. Set the time for 15 minutes. If your Instant Pot doesn’t have an egg function, you can pour some water in the bottom, pour eggs into a cake pan that fits inside, and cook for 15-20 minutes on high pressure.
Once the timer goes off, turn your steam release to “Venting” for around 5 minutes. Open the lid, and scrape your eggs off the sides/bottom.
Now all that is left is to build your tacos. Place a scoop of your egg mix into the center of your tortilla and then top with cheese, green onions, salsa, lime juice, or any breakfast meats or veggies you enjoy. It’s SO simple, and SO delicious!
My kids don’t enjoy salsa, so we keep theirs pretty simple, but for the adults, you can add some sliced jalapenos, sriracha sauce or other spicy condiments.
It really is truly a magnificent dish, and great for energy throughout the day. Try it yourself today!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup diced pre-cooked potatoes
- 3 tbsp salsa
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
Toppings (Per taco):
- 1-2 tbsp shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Pico De Gallo
- Squeeze of lime
- 6 tortillas (corn or mini flour, as preferred)
- Generously spray your Instant Pot with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together 8 eggs, add a pinch of salt, and pour into your Instant Pot.
- Add in potatoes, salsa, and green onions, then stir lightly a few times to blend.
- Close the lid, turn vent to “sealing”, and select the “Egg” button. Set time to 15 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, turn your steam release to “Venting” for around 5 minutes. Open lid, scrape your eggs off the sides/bottom, and build your tacos.
- To build tacos, place your eggs in the center, sprinkle with cheese, green onions, and pico. Squeeze on a little lime juice, and serve!
**If your Instant Pot doesn’t have an egg function, you can pour some water in the bottom, pour eggs into a cake pan that fits inside, and cook for 15-20 minutes on high pressure.**
Other topping ideas:
- Black olives
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 251mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g