Delicious holiday food is in great abundance all throughout the autumn and winter. But the most iconic of flavors simply has to be the glorious pumpkin. For every Pumpkin Spice Latte, there’s a pumpkin-y baked good to go along with it! Perhaps my very favorite is the Layered Pumpkin Square.
Like my Dual-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake, these tempting treats use cream cheese to create that perfect creamy texture. And like my Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars, they have a lovely crust on the bottom of each square. But just like my Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake, these decadent delights are super rich and filling.
To learn how to make them, just check out the recipe below.
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine walnuts and graham crackers in a food processor, and pulse until thoroughly crushed. Pour into a large bowl, and mix with brown sugar, flour, and melted butter. Stir with a spatula until well blended.
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick, and then press your crust mixture into the bottom to form a single tight layer. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, and eggs until smooth. Pour onto crust, and bake 25-30 minutes or until middle looks “set”.
- Towards the end of your cooking, beat together sour cream, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth. Once your timer goes off, remove cake from oven, spread over sour cream mixture, and then return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely, and then cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g