This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving because it’s quick and easy. It’s so simple that you can whip up a batch of these mini pumpkin pies in just minutes! And with only six ingredients, they are the perfect guilt-free treat to serve at your next holiday party. Not to mention, they don’t require you to make pie dough!
In all honesty, these delicious little pumpkin bites don’t quite meet the criteria of pie in a traditional sense. But they do have a crust and a filling, so I count them as such! I guess you could use refrigerated pie dough, or even make your own, but I love the soft, fluffy texture that comes from using crescent dough.
The crescent dough isn’t sweet at all, but it goes so well with the pumpkin filling. It’s just a nice contrast in texture and flavor.
Now let’s get baking!
1 C pumpkin puree
6 oz evaporated milk
6 TB sugar + extra for sprinkling
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
I always prefer to use pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie mix so that I have full control of the flavor. But if you want to make it extra simple on yourself, you can certainly opt for premade pumpkin pie filling.
As for the crescent dough, if you can find the full sheets, they work wonderfully cut into 12 squares. Otherwise, if you can only find the kind that’s pre-cut into triangles, simply press the seams together, and THEN cut into 12 squares.
Press the dough squares into each space of a muffin tin. Press into the sides, leaving the top to overhang a bit. Be sure to grease your tin to make it easier to remove once baked. You’ll have enough for 36 full sized muffins, or you can use mini muffin tins by quartering your squares. I prefer the full sized, though.
In a bowl, combine your pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice until well mixed. Spoon this mixture into your crusts.
Finally, sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on the rim of your crusts before placing them in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown with a soft but firm filling.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. You may top with some whipped cream for a final flourish!
These are truly a delight for anyone who loves pumpkin. The fall flavor is undeniable. Your tummy will thank you!
These mini pumpkin pies only take 30 minutes to make and are perfect for Thanksgiving or any time of year!
- 1 C pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- 6 TB sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Take each can of crescent dough one at a time, and press all seams together.
- Slice it into 12 squares.
- Press these squares into your muffin tin, so that they form a nice little pie crust.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin purée, milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice, whisking them all together until well combined.
- Simply spoon the mixture into each one of the muffin pie crusts, making sure not to overfill them
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar around the rim of each crust.
- Place the muffin tin in a 425 F oven for about 20 minutes. The crust will be golden brown and the filling will be soft but somewhat firm.
- Remove from oven and cool
You can easily use a mini muffin tin instead to get more servings.
Top with whipped cream just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g