Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars
A perfect dessert for your holiday dinner. There’s nothing like pumpkin pie, and this tasty version will have everyone going crazy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6+ servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ can puree pumpkin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Topping of choice
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and flour until it starts to become a thick doughy texture.
- Press into your pan in an even layer, smoothing it out with parchment paper. You can also poke holes in it with a fork evenly along crust to keep it from puffing up unevenly.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, then set aside. Raise your oven temperature to 350.
- Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, honey, eggs, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well with an electric blender until fully incorporated.
- Pour it over the shortbread crust, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is fully baked. When ready, remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and top with desired topping***
- Refrigerated pie crust, cut into cut fall shapes, cooked for 7-8 minutes. This is what I used and it is adorable!
- Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream + cinnamon dusting
- White chocolate, caramel, or chocolate drizzle
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Keywords: pumpkin, pie, baking