I really love recipes that feature foods that can be eaten year-round but also are perfect for a specific holiday. Like these Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bites, which are delicious ANY time but are especially awesome as a Valentine’s Day treat!
If you’re the type who loves cheesecake, you will love these awesome snack-size versions. Make a whole batch and give them to your favorite valentine this year!
To begin, here’s what you need.
For the Crust:
1 ½ C graham cracker crumbs
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
For the raspberry swirl:
6 oz fresh raspberries
2 Tbsp sugar
For the filling:
2 8-oz packs of cream cheese, softened
1 ½ C sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325° and line cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Stir together with a fork until well blended and all the dry ingredients are moistened. Press 1 Tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Flatten crumbs with fingers.
3. To make the raspberry puree, combine the raspberries and sugar in a blender or food processor.
4. To make the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in the sugar. Mix in the salt and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Be sure not to over mix as this will cause cheesecakes to sink after baking.
5. To assemble, spoon 3 Tbsp of the cheesecake batter over the crust in each cupcake liner. Dot ½ tsp of the raspberry puree in a few dots over the cheesecake filling. Use a toothpick or a wooden skewer to lightly swirl and create a marbled effect.
6. Bake until the filling is set, about 22 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. (They will look quite puffed initially but will return to normal quickly.) Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
These are so gorgeous and perfect for sharing. You can make 24 with this recipe. Or you can make about 60 if you put them in mini cupcake tins! So cute!