Gluten Free Cookies & Cream Mini Cheesecakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 22 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 16 left whole, and 6 chopped
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 C sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl or measuring jug, cream together the cream cheese and sugar, making sure it is completely smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and blend some more.
- Add the eggs a small bit at a time, mixing the batter thoroughly.
- Add in the sour cream and salt and beat some more until the entire mix is a nice thick cream.
- Take the chopped cookies and stir them in with a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, line a standard muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In the bottom of each paper, place a whole cookie.
- Spoon the batter over the cookies, filling the papers nearly to the top.
- Bake the mini-cakes for about 22 minutes until the cakes are just set. They will rise up a bit in the oven, but once cooled, they will flatten out.
- Don’t worry if the top of the cakes crack a bit. Again, they will settle as they cool.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and leave to cool for about 20 minutes before refrigerating for at least four hours.