When it comes to the last few months of the year, I’m definitely your quintessential “basic b!tch.” I am ALL about the pumpkin! And like millions of other households each year, I consider pumpkin pie a staple of any good holiday dessert menu. But sometimes you just have to change it up. And this year, I’m changing it up REAL GOOD with this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake. And yes, it’s as good as it sounds.
A few years ago, I shared a recipe for Dual-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake, which is still a glorious thing to behold. But this recipe takes it to the next level, with a more subtle flavor and a real level-up in the form of the salted caramel. In short, it’s basically the best pumpkin pie you could ever ask for!
While I’ve seen and shared many versions of no-bake cheesecakes, this is NOT one of those. It is going to take some time to put together and bake, but the quality will seriously stand out. And unlike the pumpkin pies I grew up with that had a soggy pie crust, this one steals the graham cracker crust of the cheesecake so that every bite is creamy and delicious!
The salted caramel sauce is one of those ingredients that can go either way. You can make your own or just buy it from the store, which is what I did. I have made some really delicious caramel in the past, but it can be difficult to get it just right, and with store-bought, you pretty much have a sure thing.
You’ll also see some similarities in this recipe to the filling for my Pumpkin Stuffed Crepes, which are also a truly delicious fall breakfast or dessert. And they, too, have a creamy cheesecake type flavor, which you should definitely try with any leftover salted caramel sauce!
Honestly, I can’t say much more about how great this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake is. You’ll just have to trust me until you’re ready to make it yourself.
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz.) packages full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse together crust ingredients in a blender and press into a 9-inch springform pan, making sure to go up the sides some.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in pumpkin puree, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time while mixer is running.
- Pour cheesecake batter into the pre-baked crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and let cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 1/2 hours before placing in the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 251mg Carbohydrates: 66g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 51g Protein: 6g
See some of my other pumpkin recipes you will love!