When the holidays begin to roll around, I start getting a hankering for pie. And this white chocolate peppermint pie is truly in keeping with the holiday spirit!
The gentle peppermint flavor of the white chocolate mousse is enhanced with chopped up candy canes and some chocolate peppermint Hershey’s kisses. A prepared chocolate graham cracker crust makes it so easy to throw this together in minutes, and its cloudlike consistency will melt in your mouth and leave you feeling nostalgic for those old Christmas memories.
Garnish with a peppermint leaf for a truly beautiful presentation.
- 1 premade chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 2 candy canes
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 box instant Jello white chocolate pudding
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 12 peppermint Hershey's Kisses
- In a bowl, mix together your milk and pudding mixture.
- Add your peppermint extract and stir.
- Break your candy canes into tiny pieces and add to the mixture, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Add in your tub of Cool Whip and stir until combined.
- Spoon your pie filling into a premade chocolate pie crust and spread to the edges.
- Sprinkle your reserved candy cane pieces on top.
- Add a ring of Hershey's Kisses around the edges and in the center of the pie.
- Freeze for two hours.
The easiest way to break your candy cane pieces is to place the whole candy canes into a plastic ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or other heavy item to smash them.
For a heavier peppermint taste, you can add more peppermint extract, but I think a 1/4 tsp is just perfect.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g